The Warriors to Lourdes Pilgrimage (WTL) planning staff monitors the security situation in France directly with the International Military Pilgrimage (Pèlerinage Militaire Internationale) PMI staff and with the EUCOM/USAREUR/USAFE Antiterrorism and Force Protection Offices. The 2019 PMI will be treated by the French Military of Defense (MOD) as a full military operation with enhanced security in place. We will be continuously tracking the security situation and related events throughout the planning period and post security updates to the website as warranted.
HÔTEL SAINT SAUVEUR – PILGRIM HOTEL 1
Hôtel Saint Sauveur is located one block from the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes pilgrimage site. Rooms come with complimentary Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Hotel amenities include a casual restaurant, a brasserie, a tea room, and a sandwich shop.
Address: 9 Rue Sainte-Marie, 65100 Lourdes, France
Phone: +33 5 62 94 25 03
*Meals: Your package stay includes 3 meals a day provided by and served at l'Hôtel Saint Sauveur.
HÔTEL PANORAMA – PILGRIM HOTEL 2
Hôtel Panorama is a 4-minute walk from the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes. It's an 18-minute walk from the central railway station. Rooms and suites come with free WiFi and flat-screen TVs.
Other amenities include a bright restaurant with panoramic views of the Sanctuary, meeting/events room and a TV lounge.
Address: 11 Rue Sainte-Marie, 65100 Lourdes, France
Phone: +33 5 62 94 33 04
*Meals: Your package stay includes 3 meals a day provided by and served at l'Hôtel Saint Sauveur, located adjacent to the Hôtel Panorama.
HÔTEL LA SOLITUDE – WTL EVENTS HOTEL
This will be the location of our Faith and Fellowship Meetings as well as our Warriors to Lourdes Reception
Set on the banks of the Gave de Pau, Hôtel La Solitude is an 8-minute walk from the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes and 1.8 km from Gare de Lourdes train station.
Address: 3 Passage Saint-Louis, 65100 Lourdes, France
Phone: +33 5 62 42 71 71
Pilgrimage Dress Code
The following dress code provides guidelines for active duty, civilian and former military members on pilgrimage.
What to Pack
Please remember that each traveler is limited to ONE checked bag and ONE carry on bag. If your checked bag exceeds the airline’s weight limit of 23 kg / 50 lbs, you may be subject to an overweight fee. Please refer to our recommended packing list, which includes an overview of the pilgrimage dress code.
For Those Traveling by Bus from Germany to Lourdes
For those of you traveling via the KofC issued bus from Ramstein-Miesenbach Air Base in Germany to Lourdes, please refer to this Q&A list for any questions you may have regarding your trip details.
Tips from the Medical Staff
We are committed to getting you safely to and from Lourdes, and ensuring that you have a spiritually fulfilling journey. In past years, we have made the trip with pilgrims who have cancer, quadriplegia, PTSD, traumatic brain injuries, and more. The following advice we provide is based on our experience from previous pilgrimages, and on our combined experience living and working abroad.
Share Your Experience
Here are some guidelines to help you share your pilgrimage experience on social media:
1. Use #WarriorsToLourdes when posting to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This is the official hashtag of the Warriors to Lourdes pilgrimage and will allow people at home to follow the conversation and events. Additionally, our KofC staff will be monitoring this hashtag to share and promote the best photos, videos, and stories.
2. Take and post photos. A picture is worth a thousand words and that is especially true in the scenic city of Lourdes.
3. Tell your story. Each pilgrim and volunteer has a unique reason for being part of this pilgrimage, we invite you to share yours.
4. Share your thoughts. Experiencing Lourdes can be very powerful and leave you with a lot to think about, we invite you to share your reflections.
5. If you will be blogging about your experience and would like us to follow you, please let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.